Sunday, June 14, 2009

Cake Bakers










Rayleigh and I were feeling pretty frisky yesterday and ventured out to make a homemade strawberry cake. Maybe LeighLeigh was feeling so adventurous becuase Friday was her 4-month birthday! She doesn't go to her check up until Friday so yay we get to put off the shots for a couple more days. Friday we did go over to Yulee to the public works building taking care of the new house stuff. Little Miss spent the better part of the day passed out in her carrier. But back to Saturday and cake baking. So Luke was doing yard work yesterday, and yes I would love to help but I was inside 1) its a little warm for the Bug to be out in the heat all day and 2) Lukes yard is our other child and "I can't mow in the right pattern" and "I butcher everythign with the weedeter" so he can't say I didnt offer to help. So Rayleigh and I decided to make a 4 layer strawberry cake from scratch. Needless to say Rayleigh baking was a hoot! She was full of energy when that blender was going she was amazed!! Also Rayleigh got to try her first strawberry. At first her face you could tell

it was a little tart to her at first and then that little teether got to chewing on that cold strawberry and she was in heaven!!


The frosting for this cake recipe is to die for! I definitly plan on using it for other cakes. It calls for 1/2 stick of butter, 1 block of cream cheese, 2 cups of powderd sugar, and a small container of cool whip all blended together and it was too delicous! Needless to say I was proud of my 4 layer straberry cake and Luke definitly agrees it was one of my better attempts at baking.Oh yes and Rayleigh stayed in nursery the whole morning this morning at church. Yall know the last two attempts were unsuccesful, bless her needy little heart but today we visited First Baptist of Hilliard and she stayed with the every lovely Ms.Kristen Musgrove and Ms. Seeley and she did just fine. Thank goodness. Luke and I definitly love our home church but the Church is undergoing alot of changes maybe good, maybe bad and this mornign God layed on Lukes heart to stop at Hilliard along the way to River Road and so thats where we went to church this morning. We are praying that no matter what God will give us a peace and place to fellowship and grow in Him.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, she is too cute! I love the picture of your Little Miss laying into that strawberry! And that cake looks delicious!!! If only I had a big ol piece about now...hmmm!

    ReplyDelete